The Five Houses
In my home game I have a variety of house rules. I can and will change rules, classes, races, and monsters that I find are overpowered, underpowered, or simply don't make sense. Here are the house rules I use in my home game.
- Guns have been re-worked. Instead of hitting touch AC guns Ignore 2 points of AC granted by armor or natural armor, but dexterity, dodge, etc. bonuses to AC are not reduced. Misfires have also been removed.
- The Deadeye deed now doubles the range of any gun wielded by a gunslinger as long as he has 1 grit point remaining.
- The Quick Clear deed has been replaced with Dazing Shot. Dazing Shot allows you to spend 1 grit point to daze an enemy on a successful hit.
- The Expert Loading deed has been replaced with Gunslinger Guts. Gunslinger Guts allows you to spend 1 grit point to keep fighting as if disabled if brought below 0 HP for 2 rounds, at the end of your next turn, unless brought to above 0 hit points, you immediately fall unconscious and begin dying.
- Gun Training has been reworked so instead of reducing your misfire by 2 it increases your armor penetration by +2 for the selected firearm.
- Advanced firearms are banned in my home game
- Stranger's fortune allows you to re-roll when they miss with a firearm a number of times equal to half their charisma modifier (minimum 1).
- The misfire part of pistol training is no longer valid, and is not replaced by any other feature.
- Steady aim stacks with the deadeye deed, increasing the range by 20ft. when the gunslinger has at least 1 point of grit left.
- The misfire part of musket training is no longer valid, and is not replaced by any other feature.
- Critical threats have been removed. If you hit in your critical range you get a critical hit.
- If other features that need to be adjusted to compensate it will be done so on the fly
- Hero points will be used by the GM to award players who do extraordinary things (Role-play, Heroic feats, Etc.) as per the normal rules
- Players do not gain hero points as they level
- Players do not start with hero points
- Hero point feats are unavailable
- Hero points cannot be used to cheat death
- Blood Drinker – Remove the subtype restriction. You can now drink from any humanoid except Dhampirs.
- Diverse Palette – Removed.
- Combat Expertise – You instead get +2 to AC , but it still increases by +1 NOT +2 every four BAB.
- Sprinter – Now gives the catfolk an extra 5ft. of movement speed instead of the current effect